The ability to Take Action – is the difference between ‘ideas’ that remain on your ‘To Do list’ and getting great results.
Here are 7 ways you can turn activity into action:
1. Do not wait until you get all your ducks in a row – If you are waiting for the perfect time to start, you most likely never will. There is never a right time to start in the real world because everything is constantly updating and changing. You have to take action and deal with issues as they arise, because business is flexible and evolving.
2. Put pen to paper – Make a habit of doing things rather than thinking about them. You have already taken the first step towards being successful by creating a vision for your business, now do it today. Prolonged thoughts become weak and the details get blurred. By following through you will tick one extra thing off your ‘to do’ list and start to see the results from this.
3. Remember actions speak louder than words – Creating ideas alone won’t achieve success. An idea will never go anywhere and simply remain an idea. One implemented idea has greater value than ten brilliant ideas that you’re saving for the “right” time. And remember that 90% done is good enough. Done is better than None…
4. Cure your fear through action – The waiting creates anxiety, which leads to the biggest challenge of taking the first step. Make things happen by just getting started and take it one step at a time.
5. Live in the moment – Focus on what is in front of you and what you can do in the present. Do not analyze the past and dwell on what you will do in the future, the only time you can change is the present.
6. Get to the point – It is common to avoid and procrastinate around priorities. Enabling distractions will cost you serious time if you don’t keep focused and on task.
7. One More Thing – Each day – just focus on doing one more thing. So send one more e-mail, make one more phone call, do one more task, and by the end of the week, you have achieved 5 more things. This added up over a month for you and your team results in a significant shift in productivity and results.
If you start with these key strategies, you WILL be taking more positive action in your business. Then look back over the month and see what you’ve achieved. You may be pleasantly surprised….
We are here to help if you’d like any more practical, simple strategies to help grow your business. Give us a call on (09) 476 9407 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org