So you’re the owner of a small business and you want to increase sales? But what if you are your only sales team?
The good news is you don’t have anyone to report back to but yourself – this means that if you want to make changes to your sales strategies you have much more flexibility than a larger company with a designated sales team. If you want to make a change – you can make it immediately!
Now, what are some simple strategies you can use to help increase your sales?
1. Reconnect with Past Customers – These people already know you, like you and most importantly; trust you. And they know what you and your company are about. So have a think around what you can offer these people in order to reconnect with them and get some repeat business. Could you offer them a special bonus deal on a service or product which compliments what they have already bought from you? Could you hold a small event for these people to introduce them to a brand new offering and give them the chance to be the first ones to experience it? Any way you do it, make sure you are providing them with value so that they feel you are helping them, NOT selling to them.
2. Position Yourself as THE Expert – if you aren’t already, become familiar with your industry and any local competitors. What are the industry standards and what sorts of things are your close competitors offering? This gives you some more credibility in your customer’s eyes as you can educate your customers and give solid advice about what they should expect when engaging with your industry, and you can then talk around why your company provides a great solution for them. You may not be the biggest fish in the pond – but this has a huge amount of benefit as you are much more capable of being flexible and working to your customer’s needs.
3. Networking – getting involved in networking groups is a fantastic way to not only help to increase your sales, but also to build your profile and meet some savvy business contacts along the way. Remember – when networking, every person you meet could be beneficial to you – you don’t know who they know and who they could put you in contact with! Another great tip with networking – if someone is willing to help you out, think about what you could offer in return that could be beneficial to them. It’s a great way of saying thank you but also showing others what you can do!
4. Evaluate, evaluate and evaluate – the best way to get good sales results is to review what you’ve done, and see what works and what doesn’t. Ask yourself – how meetings went, what sales strategies have worked, how much it cost and how much business did it create for you? Set monthly sales goals and go back to see if you achieved those – if not, what were the barriers? The best way to get better, is to review what you’ve done and start looking for more information from industry experts that can help you.
5. Become the Go-To in Your Community – a great way to increase your sales and help to grow your company is to get involved with your local community. Customers want to do business with those they know and feel comfortable with, and your local community is a great resource for new potential customers that you can get in front of. Think around how you can support local community groups such as schools or clubs (be strategic – where may your customers be?), perhaps you could provide a give-away or sponsorship, even advertising in the local school newsletter?
If you’re looking for sales strategies that are PROVEN to work for New Zealand small businesses – then contact us NOW! Having worked with over 125 small businesses in NZ we know what works AND what doesn’t. Give us a call on 09 476 9407 to chat to us now, or email us at [email protected] for more information about our sales training options for you or your staff. This is one of the most effective and fastest ways to grow your sales quickly.